Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Chapter 2 - Did you finish? Thank God if you did!

Let's start with some scripture

James 4: 13-17
Proverbs 16: 1-5
Ephesians 1: 4-22
Colossians 1: 16-17
Ephesians 2: 9-10
Genesis 1: 1

Well, did you see your name in there? No?!? I guess it really isn't about me after all!

According to James, what is your life?

I really like Francis Chan's description of being a walk on in a movie (with 1 scene where the back of your head shows) and then renting a theatre on opening night to invite all your friends to see your new movie.

Boy, did that ever hit home. I've been giving this a lot of thought this last couple of weeks. We all (if we are honest - really) are trying to leave our mark on the world. We somehow need to know we have marked our passage. We need to know that our passage has had purpose and meaning. Right? What's that... it's really just me?!? Did you ever stop to thing that God, our loving Father, marked our passage before He spoke the first word of creation! He created us with a purpose, called us back to Himself, equipped us to accomplish the purpose for which He created us, then welcomes us home to spend eternity with Him. WOW! I just get occasional glimpses of what that even means. All Praise and Honor and Glory be to our Father who created us for a purpose!!!

Francis Chan says there is no replacement for personal time with God. Boy, if we could only live in that truth! As in all areas of life, I get that sometimes and miss by lightyears at others. It is hard work, but time could not be spent in any better way. Lord, give us a true heart for you, for that true intimacy with you.

Well, enough of all that. Here are some questions we will be discussing at tomorrow night's meeting. Come ready!

Do you spend quality time with God?

Do you ask Him to show you His purpose for you for today?

Do you see what He made you for?

Am I preparing for eternity today?

Does my life here show that I recognize I am just a vapor?

Does my life here show that I recognize I just have a bit part?

What are the 2 most important days to a believer?

Do we live as if we believe tomorrow is not guaranteed?

Do you ever thing this might be the day you literelly see Him face to face?

Do we have too high a regard for this human body, or life here on earth?

Think about someone you know who has died abruptly.
What do you see as their achievements?
What do you think they might regret?

What about your own life? If you died today,
What would you regret?
What can you do to change that today?

Praise be to God. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment